Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How much money is needed to live decently in california

How much money is needed to live decently in california?
Can a LPN (Licensed practical nurse) move from Oklahoma to California? I know the cost of living is more expensive in California, but I really can not live the rest of my life in this drab, bible beating state. I used to live in Australia, and I really really would like to live somewhere with beaches and sunshine. Some people suggested moving out of America to somewhere like Singapore. I think the culture change would be awesome to experience, but I am a little worried as I know nothing about the country. I don't know if its disease free, or the form of government they have, or how modernized it is (Please no offense to anyone from Singapore.). I heard it has beautiful beaches, and the cost of living is lower that america. Would a LPN make it in Singapore? Does anyone have an suggestions for countries or states that aren't outrageously hard to live in, but still have some life to them. My main interest is staying in America, so i'd like to know about places like California or Florida etc. Thanks for your time!
Other - United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live in the bay area, and while it is a great place to live its not worth the cost of living. If you are looking for beaches and sunshine I would definitely advise you to look at the LA/SD area. The bay area does have plenty of sunshine, but the winters are much cooler than many tourists expect (you will need a jacket) but the beaches are oftentimes socked in with fog and whatnot. As far as the financial status of the state its absolutely horrible and crime is widespread. A lot of people think California is this special place, but they are rudely mistaken. I'm 23 years old and can't wait to get out! The only great thing about here is the diversity (SF/Oakland/San Jose is in the top 3 most diverse metro areas in the US...along with Miami Dade and Long Beach)
2 :
Florida would be A LOT cheaper and you'll have LOTS of job opportunities there than in California. Plus, it really depends where in California. A teacher can barely make it in Los Angeles where in a smaller area, it may be possible.


  Read more discussion :