Saturday, May 28, 2011

HYPOCHONDRIAC PARANOIA? help me

HYPOCHONDRIAC PARANOIA? help me!?
Hello.. I actually asked this before but I think ppl misread or misunderstood my question. I actually went for a blood test at a polyclinic. I'm from Singapore by the way. So I was waiting for the nurse. But I did not see her take a new needle. She just inserted a needle into me, i didn't see whr she took it from or if it was a new needle. So now I am like worried. What if she didnt use a new needle? I think i am having HYPOCHONDRIAC PARANOIA? I keep thinking I'm gg to be infected with HIV/or other blood borne diseases because I'm nt sure if she used a new needle. It has been going on for a week now, I lost all my appetite, sleep, social life etc.. How do I stop thinking about it? It's like I keep worrying about it..should I worry bout it?
Mental Health - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Was the polyclinic in Singapore? Did you not have any concerns before she inserted the needle and could you not have checked that it was a new needle? You say you have had your symptoms for one week now, where are the results of the blood test? Surely getting them is the key to your problems? I really think you are worrying way too much. Correct me if I am wrong, but clinics, hospitals and all things medical are of excellent quality and the chance of this having happened is very remote. Go and get the blood test results or go back to the clinic and explain your fears. They are real enough and you have to confront them with those who you think are responsible. Otherwise you will just continue to carry this burden and drive yourself crazy.
2 :
I'm paranoid about alot of things too except its very minor and its just how i am, nothing medical. Look just let go of it enjoy life. If the doctors find out u hav HIV or something then that was just gods plan for u. Hope this helps
3 :
Okay, if she didn't use a new needle, she would have been in a lot of trouble. I have NEVER seen someone specifically pick out a new needle when they took my blood or gave me a shot, they just already had one there. They probably laid it out beforehand. What are the odds that it would even have a disease anyway? If you do get sick, which you won't, you could sue for a lot of money! You're obsessing about this, and that's not healthy. Do you obsess about things like this a lot? It's probably not hypochondria, you're just obsessing. If you do this a lot you may have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
4 :
Don't worry and calm down! You're not a hypchondriac if you don't worry about every single illness and disease going around. If she was a nurse, that the needle was most definitely clean and new. If it wasn't, it would have been sterilised before hand. Also, if you would have contracted something, you would have got it by now and you would be in A LOT worser state. I hope this helps x


Read more discussion :