Thursday, July 28, 2011

Please help, I am confused

Please help, I am confused!!!?
I am working here in Saudi Arabia as a nurse receiving 3,000+ Saudi Riyals monthly, even if the salary is not as high as compared to other countires, work is comfortable, which I prefer to because I am planning to have a baby next year.. House, food, electricity, water, medicines are free.. I am having a satisying life here in KSA actually, but, my soon-to-be-husband wants us to migrate in Australia.. This gives me worries, especially about the things that we might encounter there.. I browsed a lot of websites about australian immigration and started to search about the lives of nurses there. What I've known is I have the possiblity to acquire a working visa, but less chance because they prefer UK and Singapore licensed nurses, but If I really want to enter Aussie immediately I can apply for Student Visa and study for 18mos in a university to qualify to their standards which requires me to prepare 11,000 AUSD(a big which until now I don't know how to raise up this money, maybe I'll seek rescue from my rich relatives)... What really bothers me are the following: 1. Is there a big chance for me to get a job as a nurse in the hospital after finishing my studies in university and spending huge money? 2. I am afraid to leave my comfortable job here in Saudi Arabia and go to Australia with no assurance that I can secure a job in the hospital... I hope those nurses who came from Saudi Arabia and went to Aussie for the same reason of searching a greener pasteur can share some experiences and help make things clear for me... Please give me some insights and comparison between living in Saudi Arabia and Australia.. Thanks a lot..
Languages - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
G'day, I understand your worry and I would have the same feeling as well if I am placed in your shoes (and I'm a male). Wow... I cannot imagine living without have to worry abt mortgage, food, utilities bills and medical expenses. However, I guess there are no perfect place and one of the reason why your future husband would like to emigrate. This is what I can inform you: 1. There's big demand for nursing job in Australia, that's one thing for sure. Every nursing courses in Australian universities are always jam-packed with both Australian and international students, seeking for quick job acceptance after graduated and quite good pays. So in that sense you do not have to worry. As there are job placements in the course, all senior hospital administrator would have notice all good potential students already and may offer contract/permanent job placement even before you complete your study (of course, if you are good). However, it is possible that you got a job sooner than your husband. 2. If you may already be a fully registered nurse then you do not have to take a full bachelor degree course (3yrs). Some universities in Australia actually offer a course to accommodate fully registered overseas nurse. Sample of course is in the link below. It is shorter and cheaper. 3. If your husband already got Permanent Residence (PR), and you are already married to him, then you will get a PR as well, so you do not need working or student visa to come to Australia. Now... of course as you might already known, Australians do not have those "free" things that you got in KSA, however there may be other things that you might not be able to enjoy in KSA. Lots of my friends who have worked in Asia like Japan, HK or S'pore told me that they can spend more time with their family in Australia compared to when they were working in those countries. However please be prepared when you want to have a baby, as you may not be able to enlist the helps of your relatives and you will rely on you & your husband to look after the baby. Please discuss this first with your husband, as he REALLY has to help you with looking after babies, even though he still has to work. FYI, new mum in Australia can have 12months maternity leaves. I have gone thru raising baby by just me & my wife and I can tell you, it really test the strength of our relationships. If you do not get much responds from the ppl in this area, I suggest you re-post your question in Travel-Australia in Yahoo Answer as the area are visited by plenty of Australians and who knows, someone who were in you position read your question and able to give you better answer than I am :) Hope this helps. If you got more questions you want to ask me feel free to e-mail me on mikegun(at)studentfirst.com.au. Good luck.

 Read more discussion :