Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Why must i do a IELTS test to register with WA nursing Board, as a Singaporean with Nursing Degree from Monas

Why must i do a IELTS test to register with WA nursing Board, as a Singaporean with Nursing Degree from Monash
I have done my Midwifery (18 months) in UK and a Registered Nurse in Singapore for many years. Is the Degree from Monash done as distance learning not equvilant to their campus study as claimed by them?? Have worked and studied in England and holding a degree from Australia Monash why do I need to do a IELTS test. Are we being discriminated as Singaporean Chinese or am I cheated of my degree? Please give me some sensible answers. Help!
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Because that is what they "require." quit whining about it. Don't use "discrimination" as an excuse. Take the test just like everyone else has to do.
2 :
G'day, I understand it must be hard for you to be given such 'silly' conditions. You are from Singapore, and has done courses in English for quite sometime and yet still asked for IELTS test. I do not pretend to know the whole story here, but my guess is b'cos the board is afraid that generally applicants from Asia countries do not have a good English communication skill. It is not that the distance learning degree from Monash is deemed less qualified. Your qualifications are fine (I guess), it is just the English that they worry. Unfortunately I have to agree with the first answerer (altho not the way the person wrote it). It is best to give them their what they ask. If your English is good (which I truly believe it is), then you got no reason to worry. Please do not take it that it is discrimination, since I am sure they ask the same thing to Singaporean Indians as well. Good luck and welcome to Australia.