Sunday, August 14, 2011

My front tooth just fell out, and I've had some sort of professional advice. What now

My front tooth just fell out, and I've had some sort of professional advice. What now?
I was playing basketball at about 1 hour ago, and my friend, when trying to get the rebound, elbowed me face when he landed. It wasn't painful, but my front tooth fell out. THE WHOLE ROOT. So, I've tried finding a polyclinic/private clinic/dentist but it seems to be closed until about 2 more hours. Then I called my friend's mother who works as a dental nurse. She said that I would get temporary dentures and possibly an implant when I'm older. So my question is: Will that hurt? And how much do they cost? I live in Singapore, btw. Thanks for all help. :)
Dental - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have not mentioned your age, but i assume you to be above 6 years with permanent teeth. You can keep the tooth in saline (available from drug store) or milk until you meet the dentist. There are 3 options as I can see. 1. The dentist will perform a root canal treatment for the tooth that has fallen out and then replace it back into the socket from where it fell. Then he will stabilize it by placing a thin wire on the inner side. 2. Implant planning as your friend's mother has adivsed 3. Dental bridge wherein the tooth is replaced with a cap
2 :
The best thing would be to have an implant, but you need to get a doctor to look at it for you. Good luck!



 Read more discussion :